11 October 2012

Perpignan, France


Road from Narbonne to Perpignan was the most beautiful road I cycling in France.
2793+1340=4133km

I had to cycle around 70 km that day.
Sky was a bit grey but it was warm and no wind.  And seems that a day had to be easy...


Narbonne stays in my memory as a friendly and welcoming town. I will come back here one day.


Micol suggested to me start cycling along the lake as it's very beautiful and also known as a habitats of flamingoes.
On my way to the lake I had met an old couple from Canada they were here because of the flamingoes but were a bit disappointed by not seeing them.
But I was confident That I will be more lucky than them....


Cycling along the lake I was thinking that it would be good to see flamingos as I had never saw them in a wild.


I had passed little fisherman village called Djalboun.
Couple of boats and nothing more.



Then when I was cycling between the two lakes I saw a flock of  flying flamingoes.
They wasn't too far from me but with my camera I could't make a better picture.
So they are somewhere in the right corner of this picture.


You see me happy because I just saw them...

I also noticed that they are landed somewhere in a lake behind the hill. So I went to see where...


Here they are... white(pink) lane at the edge of the lake... Flamingos!
I saw them live and was happy to continue my journey..


Oouhh...better picture...

Anyway..I was happy but hungry.
Hungry because missed the shop and had no any food with me......apart from one little sandwich:(

At this little town I haven't found a supermarket.At this little town I haven't found a supermarket.

Restaurant I had found was to expensive for me..
Anyway I had look around trying to find something interesting.

And I found.
This is my favourite wall decoration...I had never seen anything better.

Appart from this wall decoration in this city there is nothing to see.


Not the safest part of my way to Perpignan.


Fortunately dangerous part of the way was the only 4km long and soon road changed to better side.
Actually this was my favorite road during all my trip. Peaceful, quiet with a great views and almost no cars..
Just perfect..






Vineyards in very beautiful place.


Almost as high as Alps.





Not remember which direction I went.




There in the distance you can see the Mediterranean Sea.


Unremarkable village.








4201km

Finally Perpignan.

Iron Mens are deeply stuck.....

First sign to Barcelona:)

Perpignan is...... Ok.
Montpelier probably is better.. and bigger.

In Perpignan I was living with a girls from America who are working as the English language teachers.

Emina (in the centre) invited me to her place and introduced me to her friends Gretchen and Shae.

Later we had a big party with other teachers:)



Next day morning or it was afternoon? Then doesn't matter.. I had made a walk around Perpignan and visited the most famous places like..... Like castle and chirch, plus I made some pictures of the Perpignan's streets..






City beautiful but dirty.

Everywhere are strange inscriptions...

Only here I had  learned that Perpignan is Catalonia.

This is Abi.
She agreed to show me the city
Thank you very much for the tour;)

Unknown symbol at the wall.

Well camouflaged vending machines.

The castle under restoration, so there is  nothing to do here...

Last photo for the memory...

Ok, another one and enough.

After the castle went to wander around the city...












Fuk Yo?
The owner of the shop needs some English language courses. Fortunately for him I know someone who can help him.




Ok....This is my last post about my trip in France...
Next day I went to Spain and Barcelona is the only a few days of cycling:)
But! Something happened on my way there... Something why I still not there...
I stuck somewhere in Pyrenees near Figueres.

I will tell you about it later.....
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment