21 June 2012

Olivetrip Day 2 and 3

My first night wasn't as good as I've expected. Just after I fell asleep I heard some noise next to my tent... somebody was walking. Those were cows. When I stopped for camping early evening there was nobody here in this remote place - it was nice and  empty. I was a bit scared. Cows weren't. I had no place to go and it was late and I was tired. So I calmed myself and tried to fall asleep.

Some time later I woke up again. This time because I was cold. My extra-small tent and extra-thin sleeping bag couldn't cope with a fresh and cold wind from the sea. I wish I've taken some squirrels from Edinburgh. They are dangerous but  at least they are warm:)
This day I got up from my "cosy" bed very early at 4.30am. I had a cold rise for breakfast and was ready to cycle 100miles to New Castle just to not do camping again.
I said goodbye to my new friends and started my second day journey allready exhausted and cold...

There were loads of heavy up hills and I had to walk with my bike, I was feeling down. 
But finally I reach England!!!

But it didn't help me at all...

I was very hungry and looking forward get to Berwick and have a nice english breakfast at the warm cafe. 
And, Yes Berwick! Amazing place?..... NO!!!!




There was no cafe's and coffee shops founded on my way throw Berwick:( The only thing I had at this place is another tyre puncture. What a "excellent" day!

Actually it was a excellent day....

At the end of magical town Berwick I met another crazy traveller on bike Kimberley from Dundee who was cycling to her German home town Hamburgh.

She help me fix the tyre and we decided continue cycling together to New Castle. From that moment my trip started to be very different as it was early morning:) We cycle throw amazing sea side places following national cycle route N1 




Yes this is a cycle route N1 next to Berwick :D
BNP "logo" was converted to happy butterfly

Weather was geting better and we stop in the pub for the beer

 and a burger:)

My live was happy again:)))))))
Even my 3rd puncture doesn't bother me any more. We also met German couple on tandem bike. 

This day we was cycling very slow and was making many stop because the road was very hilly and also Kimberley's bike was super-heavy. She also was caring guitar and massive tyre pump at the front wheel.

Cycle route was getting better and better




This is a self catering hotel

Weather was very hot and Kimberley found a place to cool off:)

It was already 7pm when we reach Bamburgh beautiful little town  by the coast



We decided to find the place near by to set a tent and make a fire. Kimberley also promise to play on guitar 
She found a perfect place in the dunes by the sea covered from the wind. Her massive  tent is absolutely perfect. I was so happy that I don't need to spend another night at my very  ventilated tent.



 She even made a fire and cooked nettle and lentil soup and also she made a sage tea which was  delicious 

That time I was playing guitar and singing:) hahhaha


No, she done everything. But I was helping :)
   
............................................................................................................................................................................NEXT DAY......................................................................................................................................



My plan for this day was get to New Castle have to say I done it. That was my longest cycle day so fair and I done 75miles to get to couchsurfers Liz and Paul who was so kind to offer me place to stay for two nights.




So the day starts at 7.30 morning. I was making breakfast for Kimberley and myself . It was porridge with the dry fruits and nuts.

At 9am we was ready to go
We had to stop at local post office so Kimberley can post her home made post card to her lovely sister who expecting a baby soon. Here is a special message from  Kimberley to her sister Jennifer (click on link)

Then we was cycle together to the town called Alnmouth.
To get there we had to cycle throw hidden paths...

pass secret military air base...

...and fields

 ...forcing a river

but we did it with a few hours of hard cycling 
Town Alnmouth


Here I said goodbye to Kimberley and continue my trip alone. I had another 50miles to cycle to New Castle.

Another 20 miles later I reach Woodhorn. I don't know nothing about this town I was need to get to New Castle by 6pm so I just pass it...

suddenly all beautiful landscape gone 

next 30 miles was like this


this architecture fantasy remind me my hears 

Still very fair from New Castle

most beautiful kids play ground I ever seen



and I was cycling and cycling...

Really????

9 miles to New Castle guess what?

...my lucky number 4

And then Finaly New Castle


happy marathon runners

crossing finish line like me. 



NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My phone is dyeing and i still have to find a Liz house somewhere at New Castle!

Disaster phone is dead!!! No GPS, no map... I start asking people to help me find address.

And they help:)

This amazing couple provide me home and delicious food at there lovely house
Liz and Paul my new friends

No comments:

Post a Comment